James Cook University (JCU) is a world-class college ranked in the top two percent of tertiary institutions on the planet. JCU provides internationally-renowned teaching and research excellence that makes a huge difference. Many students want to learn about JCU Blackboard and JCU Login guide.
So, we have created step by step guide to learn JCU Blackboard & Webportal.
- What is JCU Blackboard
- Why blackboard learning is important
- JCU Blackboard Learning Process
- How to Login into The James Cook University Blackboard?
- JCU Blackboard Login & Learn Quick Guide
- What you can get as a result
- Blackboard basic guide for students
- Blackboard guide for Instructors
- Video Guide for Blackboard Learning
- About The James Cook University
- People’s questions
- The James Cook University Blackboard Reviews
What is JCU Blackboard (LearnJCU)
The JCU Learning Centre offers online and face-to-face access to academic learning development. With LearnJCU you will find lecture materials, readings, collaboration tools, and information about your subjects including topic outlines, assessment information, and staff contact details.
By Using Blackboard (LearnJCU), Students can get access to various education tools & services of JCU Web Portal.
JCU Blackboard streamlines communication with students. It is possible to send messages to all students at the same time or tailor messages for every pupil using a template.
Why blackboard JCU’s learning is important for students & faculty?
JCU is a teaching and research institution and the second oldest university in Queensland. As of 2019, JCU has been awarded five stars for job achievement by the Good Universities Guide. LearnJCU is an online teaching and learning space, available wherever and whenever you wish to connect. JCU Blackboard (LearnJCU) is working as platform between students and teachers to build the easy communication between them.
Blackboard provide central location for faculty and the students to access 24/7 course content and grades from any location. JCU Blackboard is used to post course content, keep an electronic grade book, administer surveys or tests, collect and return assignments electronically and much more.
Benefits of JCU Blackboard (LearnJCU)
- Streamlined communication.
- Subject readings
- Easy to learn for students.
- Digital media such as screencasts and YouTube videos
- Access content from anywhere & anytime.
- File sharing is easy.
- Web based resources such as eTextbooks
- Keep an electronic grade book.
- Collect and return assignments electronically.
- One Location for students & teachers.
- Library Services.
- Feedback on submitted assessment
- Communication tools and collaboration spaces
- Faculty can Embed videos, websites, and multimedia within instructional content and contexts.
- Lecture notes and recordings
JCU Blackboard (LearnJCU) Learning Process
From information provided above, you guys understood the importance of both The James Cook University & it’s Online Learning Management System called JCU Blackboard.
Now, we will guide you through step by step learning process of JCU Webportal Blackboard.
- Register for your account at JCU Webportal.
- Blackboard is accessed via the JCU Web Portal at https://learnjcu.jcu.edu.au.
- You need JCU ID & Password to login into Blackboard.
- That’s it, Login with these credentials & enjoy your JCU Blackboard with bunch of features.
How to Login into JCU Blackboard?
If you want to access all features like participate in classes, library resources, group diJCUssions, activities to complement face-to-face teaching, online assignments & other programs. You have to login into Blackboard of JCU Webportal with JCU ID & Password.
Below is the step by step guide to JCU Blackboard login, follow it and enjoy great experience.
1. JCU Blackboard Log in Instructions
Student have to access Blackboard via the James Cook University web site or direct access URL:
- In your web browser, navigate to https://learnjcu.jcu.edu.au portal.
- Here, You will asked for your JCU ID & Password.
- After Successful login, Blackboard Dashboard will open with the Home tab active. Courses you are teaching or taking are displayed in the My Courses module.
If you have problem accessing your account or forgot your password, contact IT Helpdesk for help.
Access JCU Blackboard from a mobile device
All pupils can access LearnJCU in the Pupils site or download the Blackboard Mobile Learn App to your mobile device.
Blackboard now offers Mobile Learn and Bb Student that allow faculty and students to get content and utilize several Blackboard features. An Instructor variant that will also enable grading will be accessible shortly.
Access LearnJCU whenever and wherever you require it. Using the app, Access your Blackboard such as assignments, grades, discussions, lecture records and statements. The best way to look at LearnJCU on cellular or tablet computer is via Chrome or Safari.
Use this step by step guide to use JCU mobile app
- GO to Apple app store or Google play store depending on your mobile device.
- Search for JCU App.
- Once you have installed the app, launch the application.
- Login using your Username and password.
- Once you are signed into Blackboard Mobile app you will be brought to the Activity Stream where you can see updates about your courses.
What you can get after login at The James Cook University Blackboard LMS
- Online & Continuing Education Login
- Course Look-Up
- Post and organize grades in one place.
- Students can see how well they are doing in your class at any time.
- Streamlined communication
- Central Location for students & teachers
- Conduct student surveys that are read only by faculty.
- Personalized Study Plan
- Post in course discussion boards
Features of JCU Blackboard
The DiJCUssion Board is a tool for sharing ideas about class materials and interacting with your instructor and classmates. Some instructors use it like in class diJCUssion, where others use it in place of assignments, and diJCUssions can be graded.
Instructors have the option to post assignments in different areas of Blackboard. Some instructors will create a Content Area specifically named Assignments. Other instructors might house assignments in Course Materials. This is why it is important to go through the Course Menu to familiarize yourself with where your instructors have posted materials.
Grading and Grade Center
Learn how to enable anonymous grading for a specific assignment, and delegate grading responsibilities to another person (TA or instructor). Learn to create categories, assign items in Grade Center to a category, and assign weights to each category.
JCU Blackboard 2019 Update
Blackboard Learn features have been enhanced with the most recent upgrade. The upgrade includes technology changes, improved features and new features in Blackboard Learn.
Instructors may keep track of student submissions, whether or not the effort or assignment will be deleted or the submission history is shifted. A submission receipt is recorded in the time of entry and contains information such as attached file info, date, time, etc.
JCU Blackboard Help & Support
James Cook University provides great help & support for JCU Blackboard. They answers to common questions, such as how to access Blackboard and your courses, can be found going to the sections below: Logging In to Blackboard and Frequently Asked Questions.
Student IT Help Desk
Townsville Campus: (07) 4781 5255 or freecall (within Australia) 1800 246 446.
Cairns Campus: (07) 4232 1000 or freecall (within Australia) 1800 246 446
Support Form: IT Self Service
Help Desk Location: Townsville Campus: Education Central, Building 134 near the Student Mall.
Cairns Campus: The Chancellery, Building A1.
Support Hours : 9 am – 5 pm Monday
9 am – 5 pm Tuesday
10:30 am – 5 pm Wednesday
9 am – 5 pm Thursday
9 am – 5 pm Friday
Closed on weekends
Faculty Help & Support
Phone: Townsville: (07) 4781 5255
Cairns: (07) 4232 1000
Freecall within Australia: 1800 246 446
Support Hours :
Blackboard basic guide for new students
If you are new to JCU Blackboard, this is the best starting point to learn Blackboard. If you read carefully and learn, this should be your best source of learning Blackboard.
For more information about blackboard click on below link,
About The James Cook University (JCU)
James Cook University (JCU) is a public College in North Queensland, Australia. The university’s main campuses are located in the tropical cities of Cairns and Townsville, and one in the city state of Singapore. JCU also has study centers in Mount Isa, Mackay and Thursday Island.
For 2018, JCU ranked in the top two percent of universities on the planet by ARWU. In 2017, JCU was ranked No. 1 in the world for Marine & Freshwater Biology and No. 2 in the world for Biodiversity Conservation.
People’s questions about JCU Blackboard
I can’t log in to the JCU App
The most likely reason for login issues is not using the correct username and/or password.
Contact IT Helpdesk if you need to reset your account password.
I can’t access LearnJCU from the JCU App
You need to have completed enrolment in at least one subject to have access to LearnJCU. Check you are enrolled and contact the Student Centre if you require further assistance.
How do I access Blackboard mobile?
The best way to view LearnJCU on mobile or tablet is via Chrome or Safari. You can also access LearnJCU, eStudent, campus maps, class timetable and so much more on the JCU App!
Access LearnJCU whenever and wherever you need it. Documents, announcements, discussions boards, lecture recordings are all available on your browser via your device.
How do I access LearnJCU?
You can also use JCU’s Student App to access LearnJCU and get single sign on access to all your student systems like eStudent. You can use the app to view your live, personalised class/exam timetables; access your results and more. It’s available for web browser, Apple and Android devices.
I cannot login to LearnJCU. What do I do?
If you are unable to log in to LearnJCU, please follow the steps below.
- Use Chrome or Firefox
- Clear your browser cookies and cache
- Restart your browser
- Go to www.jcu.edu.au/learn and click on the Log in to LearnJCU button at top right
- If you are still unable to log in, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and attach a screenshot of any error messages.
What is LearnJCU?
LearnJCU is JCU’s virtual learning environment. It is where you will find online content specific to your subject, including:
- Subject outlines
- Class information
- Lecture materials
- Lecture capture
- Subject Readings
- Assessment information
- Grading and feedback
- Discussion boards
- Virtual rooms
In this post, I try to get you some genuine information about JCU Blackboard login & learning procedure. If you have any question, query or suggestions in mind, Speak your mind using following review form below and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible!
- QUT Blackboard Learning Guide
- CURTIN Blackboard Learning
- Holmes Blackboard Learning
- ECU Blackboard Learning Guide
- USC Blackboard login & learning
The James Cook University Blackboard Reviews
Submit your review