The University of the Sunshine Coast (USC) is a public university based on the Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia. USC is one of Australia’s best universities for overall student experience. Many students want to learn about USC Blackboard and Blackboard USC Login guide.
So, we have created step by step guide to learn Blackboard easily.
- What is Blackboard
- Why blackboard learning is important
- Blackboard USC Learning Process
- The University of the Sunshine Coast Blackboard Login
- USC Blackboard Learning & Login Quick Guide
- What you can get as a result
- Blackboard guide for students
- Blackboard guide for teachers
- Video Guide for Blackboard
- About The University of the Sunshine Coast
- People’s questions
- USC & Blackboard Reviews
What is USC Blackboard
USC Blackboard is web-based learning management system you use to access your course learning materials and other relevant information. Blackboard provides instructors with tools for designing and organizing virtual classroom space.
This is one of the best and easiest ways to study Online. At Blackboard USC, students have access to a range of online services like Online Learning, Media Libraries, Course Outlines, Support from Instructors & more.
By Using Blackboard USC, Students can get access to various education tools & services of USC Learning Management system.
The University of the Sunshine Coast integrated this special program because they wants to encourage their students & modernize their educational system.
You can access USC Blackboard via the USC Portal and all users must first enroll with the USC Portal.
Why blackboard USC’s learning is important for students & teachers?
Blackboard is a great learning tool for students & teachers. USC Blackboard is very important tools used by a teacher to facilitate learning and improve reading and others skills.
Blackboard have the potential to change the way teachers teach and learners learn. Blackboard USC offer a highly interactive medium of learning that can be customized to meet the individual needs of students.
The Blackboard is working as platform between students and teachers to build the easy communication between them. Using blackboard, students can get educated from anywhere in the world.
The University of the Sunshine Coast Blackboard is used to post course content, Course Outlines, keep an electronic grade book, administer surveys or tests, collect and return assignments electronically, host electronic discussions, and much more.
Student Benefits of USC Blackboard
- Course Outlines
- It makes learning easy for students
- Access from anywhere & anytime
- Sharing file is very easy
- Keep an online grade book
- Announcements and notifications from your lecturer and tutor
- Collect and return assignments online
- Modern education system
- Course learning materials, such as lecture slides and readings
- Discussion boards and quizzes.
USC Blackboard Learning Process
Now, You have enough knowledge about USC Blackboard & it’s importance in online learning. Blackboard-learn system plays an important role in enhancing teaching and learning in The University of the Sunshine Coast.
So, we will guide you through step by step learning process of USC Blackboard.
- For new students, you have to apply at USC Portal first.
- Once you received your offer of a place from USC, you need to respond to your offer, plan your study and enrol in your courses.
- You need to login with your username & password and enroll in your courses(subjects)
- Register for your class time in USC Portal.
- If class registration has already opened, you can enrol in your courses (subjects) and register for your class times at the same time.
USC Blackboard Login
After successful enrollment, Now it’s time to login at Blackboard and enjoy features like Course Outlines, Course learning materials, such as lecture slides and readings, Discussion boards and quizzes etc.
Below is the step by step guide to USC Blackboard login, follow it and enjoy great experience.
USC Blackboard Log-in from web browser
Users have to access Blackboard via the USC Portal web site or direct access URL:
- In your web browser, navigate to online.usc.edu.au
- This prompts you to log in with your username & password.
- Enter your USC username and password that provided to you in your USC offer email.
- Click on Blue Sign In Button.
- After Successful login, Blackboard Dashboard page will open. Courses you are teaching or taking are displayed in the My Courses module.
For more information, see the USC Login Frequently Asked Questions at usc.custhelp.com
If you forgot your password, you can reset via this link passwordreset.usc.edu.au
Access USC Blackboard from a mobile device
Blackboard have a new mobile app available for iOS and Android devices. The USC Blackboard Mobile Learn App for mobile devices allows you to access your Blackboard courses in the palm of your hands.
The Blackboard mobile app gives them the information they desire, the connections they crave, and the personalization that they need, on the go. They are placing learning right from the hands of the students, so they can stay connected to their educational journey anytime, anywhere.
USC Blackboard provides two mobile apps and which app one uses depends upon if you’re accessing a course as a student or as a instructor. If you’re both a student and a faculty member, you’ll require both apps to fully interact with every one your courses. That is true both Apple and Android devices.
Use this step by step guide to use USC Blackboard mobile app
- Download the Blackboard Student app from the Apple app store or Google Play Store.
- Once you have installed the app, launch the application.
- On the school search box, enter your college name.
- Once USC is found, tap on the college name to be forwarded to the Portal Login page.
At your first login using Bb Student, you will be prompted to log in at the USC Portal.
- Login using your USC username and password. The Portal home page will temporarily appear as you are forwarded into the app.
- Once you are signed into USC Blackboard Student app you will be brought to the Activity Stream where you can see updates about your courses. Tap on the three dashes in the upper left corner to open the navigation and move further through the app.
The USC Blackboard Resources website is located at usc.custhelp.com and contains additional information regarding Bb Student App.
Same way, You can use blackboard instructor app for teachers.
What you can get after login at The University of the Sunshine Coast Blackboard online learning system
- Online & Continuing Education Login
- Course Outlines
- Collect and return assignments electronically
- Sharing file is very easy
- Online & Continuing Education Information for Faculty & Students
- On-Campus Information for Faculty
- Online Resources Information for Students
- Multimedia Library
- Personalized Study Plan
- Post in course discussion boards
Features of USC Blackboard
Learn To: Locate Content within a Course, Hide and Unhide the Course Menu, Download Files, Print Items, Submit Assignments, Check Your Grades, and Access Old Courses.
Integrated communication tools
Integrated communication tools including announcements, threaded discussion boards, and email composition.
The Discussion Board is a tool for sharing ideas about class materials and interacting with your instructor and classmates. Some instructors use it like in class discussion, where others use it in place of assignments, and discussions can be graded.
Learn To: Prepare Files for Submission Using Supported File Names and Extensions, Submit Assignments, Take a Test Online, and Check Your Grades.
Instructors have the option to post assignments in different areas of Blackboard. Some instructors will create a Content Area specifically named Assignments. Other instructors might house assignments in Course Materials. This is why it is important to go through the Course Menu to familiarize yourself with where your instructors have posted materials.
You can get various tests in Blackboard.
USC Blackboard 2019 Update
Your Favorite learning system Blackboard now features an updated look and feel, a new Student Dashboard, a Course and Organisation list panel, quick access to USC apps, and a news feed of current Student News.
Files, such as documents for online assignment submission, can now be attached and uploaded by using the new drag and drop functionality.
Additionally, Students are now emailed a receipt after submitting an assignment to Blackboard.
Blackboard basic guide for students
If you are new to USC Blackboard, this is best starting point to learn Blackboard. Blackboard is a modern learning management system, If you read carefully and learn, this should be your best source of learning.
Basic Guide to USC Blackboard
- Access Blackboard Learn
- Browser Support
- Navigate Outside a Course
- Contact Your Instructor
- Navigate Inside a Course
- Find Your Courses
Account Settings in Blackboard
Stay in the Loop
Great Tools to Interact with Other students
Content in Your Blackboard Courses
- Types of Course Content in blackboard
- Content Collection
- Course Cartridges
- Learning Modules
- Blackboard Lesson Plans
- Add and Format Content
- Tests and Surveys
Admin Guide for USC Blackboard
- Install or Upgrade
- Course Management
- Server Administration
- System Integration
- Performance Optimization
- System Management
- Tools Management
- User Interface Management
- User Management
USC Blackboard Instructor Guide
- Getting Started
- Interact with Students
- Course Content
- Set Up Courses
- Tests, Pools, and Surveys
- Track Performance
Blackboard Video Guide
Most people don’t like reading long paragraphs of text, Instead they prefer Video learning. Blackboard USC also provide a complete video guide for students & teachers.
Blackboard Learn Videos for Students
- Setting Your Preferences and Environment
- Working in Your Course
- Staying Organized and Communicating
- Blackboard Learn with the Ultra experience for Students
Blackboard Learn Videos for Instructor
- Building Your Course
- Communication & Collaboration
- Data, Reporting & Reuse
- Blackboard Learn with the Ultra experience for Instructors
USC Blackboard Help & Support
If you have any query or problem regarding to USC Blackboard or any other service, Contact on following support email & phone number. They response as early as possible.
Student IT Help Desk
Tel: +61 7 5459 4455
Counter: Library Information Desk
Staff IT Services Desk
Tel: +61 7 5430 1237
Counter: Level 4, ICT Centre (Building J)
About The University of the Sunshine Coast (USC)
The initial talks about a university for the Sunshine Coast area started in 1973. In 1989, the Australian Federal Government declared its establishment. The university was established in 1994, opening in 1996 as the Sunshine Coast University College.
Since 2010, USC was the only public institution in Queensland to get five stars for teaching quality in the independently rated Hobson’s Good Universities Guide. From the 2010 version of this manual, the college also got five stars for team credentials and graduates’ satisfaction with the standard skills they learned while researching.
The main University of the Sunshine Coast campus is at Sippy Downs, Queensland. The university also has teaching facilities in Noosa, and operates an education and research facility at Dilli Village on Fraser Island.
USC Contact Support & Hours Details
|Future and non-student email@example.com
+61 7 5430 2890
|Current student enquiries||Student Central|
|International student enquiries||International Student Services|
(Email, website, USC Central and Blackboard)
|General enquiries (USC switchboard)||Tel: +61 7 5430 1234|
USC Main Office Address
90 Sippy Downs Drive
Hours of Operation
Monday-Thursday : 8.30 am-8 pm local time
Saturday : 10 am-5 pm local time
Sunday : Off
People’s questions about USC Blackboard
Where can i get help, If I having difficulty navigating Blackboard?
If you have any problem regarding blackboard navigation, try below resources
Go to Blackboard Learn and select from either Student, Instructor or Administrator support for a range of links to popular topics, video tutorials and FAQs.
Contact your Course Coordinator or Tutor for information on where course materials are located within ‘My Courses’.
Why isn’t all of my course information for this semester appearing on Blackboard?
If your course has started and you cannot see your course on the Student Dashboard (right-hand column) in Blackboard, try the following:
- Navigate to the bottom of the Student Dashboard (homepage) and find the ‘My Courses’ module.
- if the course is not appearing in the My Courses module, hover over the top right-hand corner of the My Courses module
- click on the ‘cog’ icon for ‘Personalise’. This should then bring up a new page with a list of your enrolled courses.
- ensure the ‘Course Name’ checkbox is ‘ticked’ in order for the course to appear in your list of courses & click Submit Button.
I have just enrolled and can log in to USC Central but not Blackboard?
In case you’ve accepted your offer on USC Central, then you have to wait for up to 24 hours before you are able to access the Blackboard along with your student email accounts.
Can my scholarship be terminated or cancelled?
It’s feasible to get a pupil to be cancelled in situations where the pupil conditions aren’t fulfilled (e.g. failing to maintain satisfactory academic progress, misconduct). The requirements of your thesis are summarized on your scholarship
In this post, I try to get you some genuine information about USC Blackboard login & learning procedure. If you have any question, query or suggestions in mind, Speak your mind using following review form below and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible!
The University of the Sunshine Coast Blackboard Reviews
Submit your review